Re: The Giulia is beautiful noone wants the manual ! - Saab General Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
I think it comes down to preference.
For some (me included) manual is simply more fun to drive. If I wanted the absolute fastest lap times, I'd get a PDK for sure. But I prefer manual on the street, and enjoy it on the track.
On my list of cars to consider if I get a focused track car are: Miata; 944; Elise; Cayman S, R, or GT4; GT3, 997S, 997 GTS - all Manual. I have no plans to race, so track time is for fun and incremental improvements.
I have to admit if I were considering a dual clutch auto, the Vette C8 looks amazing.
Did you follow the 911R prices? They went to stratospheric levels. Now the GT3 Touring owners are having the last laugh. It seems there is a market for manuals in this market.
I don't follow Ferrari at all. Curious how the last of their manual offerings compare piecewise to the similar automatic/paddle car?
Posts in this Thread:
- Post SAAB what to drive?, ursaw, Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:24:00
- Been driving a Jetta..., Larry West , Fri, 27 Sep 2019 10:10:591
- I'll bite -- why not a Golf?, Cary, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 16:25:26
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, BTG88, Sat, 14 Sep 2019 21:38:35
- TourX FTW!, Norm9-5, Wed, 18 Sep 2019 13:36:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? no it is NOT a saab !, neil dale , Mon, 16 Sep 2019 22:15:281
- Crosstour was a Honda, A1-turbo, Mon, 16 Sep 2019 06:02:31
- Buick cross tour???, saabsince 93b , Sun, 15 Sep 2019 19:18:06
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Dave The Ice Age Knave , Fri, 13 Sep 2019 15:50:43
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bobc , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 06:57:071
- Subaru Outback, Dale , Thu, 12 Sep 2019 05:40:34
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, 02 Viggen, Wed, 11 Sep 2019 18:36:38
- I think I'll try to find this first..., Scott Paterson , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 21:43:433
- Ford Focus ST or RS, Chevy SS, Unicorn, Randy Thatcher , Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:43:53
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, steve, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 08:01:30
- Honda Civic, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 05:56:18
- Honda CRV, No Snaab, Tue, 10 Sep 2019 04:36:581
- Comments on feedback, ursaw, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 19:29:24
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, DE , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 07:54:46
- Same dilemma here, MI-Roger , Sun, 8 Sep 2019 06:34:28
- Hatchbacks, A1-turbo, Sun, 8 Sep 2019 05:42:061
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive? step up spend more get more, neil dale , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 23:03:18
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, bigblue15 , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 21:43:46
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, EGD , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 20:53:59
- Re: Post SAAB what to drive?, Ian Glenday , Sat, 7 Sep 2019 18:59:25
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!