Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses? - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Q1, the pump will have a heaver load on it before the thermostat opens so once the engine is warmed up and the thermostat opens then the load is lightened. Since the system is pressurized, yes the more pressure, the harder the work for the pump, but all of these loads are light respectively if compared to a air conditioning compressor.
Q2, No the alternator responds to the load required, if you have an amp meter (one that reads current) you will note the number of amps the alternator sends to the battery changes as for the load requirement as compared to a voltage meter (one that reads the power available from the system) where the goal for the alternator is to keep the system around 13.5 to 14 volts.
Posts in this Thread:
- Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:54:45
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Ari, Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:19:15
- Let's leave the politics aside ..., mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:41:35
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:48:16
- I have never used ethanol,, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:46:26
- Re: I have never used ethanol, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:13:08
- Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, oldsaab, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:09:44
- Re: I have never used ethanol,, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:33
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:00:39 <-- Viewing This Message
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Landjet , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:18:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!