Re: You must be really Pinnocio - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
Site News -
9/23 Horn Button Rebuild 900/9000 |
9/21 Abandoned Saab Dealership
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
The tale keeps growing and more ludicrous. A tanker truck. With Meth? Why didn't they just bring JP4?
I never said that a jet couldn't burn alcohol. I said that you couldn't make it to Houston from Indianapolis in the "myth" tale about the two 55 gallon drums of meth that supposedly went into the T38. With a range of just over a 1000 miles, and the distance to Houston just under that, it is unlikely that it went non stop on 110 gallons of meth. So, whose "tale" do you believe fellow posters? The two drum story or the tanker story? Neither I would guess.
And recall that I mentioned the FAA in one of my original posts. Under civilian rules, this "could" have happened but if it ever did and was reported, there would be hell to pay. If it was civilian, the fuelers would have never put Meth into a jet fuel tank. They know the rules, and it is highly unlikely that Gordo could have convinced anyone to do something so reckless.
Alcohol won't be used in jet turbine aviation until a delivery system is approved that can handle fuel without lubricity such as alcohol. Turbines can run on naptha, but the fuel controls, and pumps have to be very specialized, and this is for GROUND power not airborne. This is the end of my contribution on this thread and good luck on your quest.
posted by 64.12.116...
Posts in this Thread:
- Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:54:45
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Ari , Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:19:15
- Let's leave the politics aside ..., mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:41:35
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:48:16
- I have never used ethanol,, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:46:26
- Re: I have never used ethanol, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:13:08
- Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, oldsaab, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:09:44
- Re: I have never used ethanol,, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:33
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:00:39
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Landjet , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:18:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!