Re: My remarks are called for - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Sorry not to end this forever, but one last final post...
Here is your "documentation" you asked for Mr Tanker....and of course it has to be "true" as I found it on the internet! Based on this jibberish, all my comments are on target. You don't get 1000 miles on 110 gallons in a T-38. Given that he was based in Houston, if he flew to Indianapolis, his tank would be empty, therefore your 'topping it off' with 110 gallons is childish.
From some bulletin board on the internet that is never wrong...notice that the guy can't even spell astronaut.
"Some years ago my partner, the late original seven-astranaut Gordon Cooper, along with ten others developed a new fuel for aviation. I witnessed Gordon filling his T-38, that the USAF assigned to him as his personal “bird”, with Methanol. I met him in Indiana when he was racing cars-he landed at a small airfield that had no Av-Karo.There were two 55 gallons of Methanol left, and he used that to make a non-stop flight back to Houston. I remember the G E people telling him that they could not believe how great a shape the engine was in-looked like new...I might add--aft-burners worked, but temptures were less than 50% of normal. "
posted by 205.188.116...
Posts in this Thread:
- Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:54:45
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Ari, Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:19:15
- Let's leave the politics aside ..., mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:41:35
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:48:16
- I have never used ethanol,, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:46:26
- Re: I have never used ethanol, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:13:08
- Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, oldsaab, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:09:44
- Re: I have never used ethanol,, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:33
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:00:39
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Landjet , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:18:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 22.214.171.124 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!