Re: I have never used ethanol - me either - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
[Main C900 Bulletin Board | Post Followup | BBFAQ ]
[ Prev by Date ] [ Next by Date ] Member Login / Signup [Latest Member Gallery Photos]
Re: I have never used ethanol - me either
Posted by oldsaab [Email] (more from oldsaab) on Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:30:26
In Reply to: Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, Justin VanAbrahams [Profile/Gallery]
, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:20:17
All good stuff.
As to the rubber bits... the fuel lines are in fact nylon and are direct home runs from the pump/tank one going all the to the banjo bolt, the other has a junction near the dipstick tube with a rubber sleeve and that continues up to the input to the FPR. That could be replace along with the FPR if need be. The only other bits would be the internals to the injectors, the washers with rubber on the inner edges at the fuel rail, the FPR, and the fuel pump itself.
On the point of being PC or not... I don't think it's any worse than running racing fuel at a race (unleaded or leaded) for the environment, and I'm positive the 300 gallons I might use in a year isn't going to be noticed one way or another.
I've always said that it's not economically sound as an alternative to petroleum based fuel either, and have said that time and again. At one point it was stated that LPG was used to supply the energy needed in the process to make E85, and the energy used exceeded the energy in the product. Somewhere back in the Physics class I rememeber that converting energy to another form of energy *always* was ineffecient.
However, if it's more dollarwise economical to race E85 than racing fuel... And it's available, I want to check it out.
Filling up the tank at a Lemons race won't be the issue.
Posts in this Thread:
- Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:54:45
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Ari, Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:19:15
- Let's leave the politics aside ..., mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:41:35
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:48:16
- I have never used ethanol,, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:46:26
- Re: I have never used ethanol, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:13:08
- Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, oldsaab, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:09:44
- Re: I have never used ethanol,, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:33
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:00:39
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Landjet , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:18:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!