Re: Let's leave the politics aside ... - Saab 900 Bulletin Board - Saabnet.com
NG900 & OG93 |
Vintage Models |
Clubs & SOC |
Other Cars |
Member Photo Galleries |
Member Directory |
*Buddy Registry |
*Mileage Registry |
What's New |
Photo of the Month |
Politics is part of the technical problem here. Efficiency is another. E85 used in a car on a gallon per gallon based compared to gasoline will always use more fuel even when coasting and there is substantial data to back that up. More data that any one of us know. My simple data is what I see consumption wise at the pump. I hope that ends that part of the thread.
Not only does E85 use more gallon per gallon vs gasoline, but the amount of gasoline, diesel and other petroleum products including fertilizer used to manufacture it exceed the amount of output each gallon of moonshine produced. Period. End of story. No need to look further. UNLESS.....we wake up and start using sugar cane to make the juice and get off this wacky idea that corn based moonshine for cars is the way to go.
OH, I forgot to mention that it takes an unbelieveable amount of water to make moonshine. In the future we will have a massage water shortage due to many factors, and using it to make an inefficient fuel source would be inappropriate, stupid, foolish and ignorant.
Start spending your time looking into hydrogen as a fuel source and leave the E85 to the crooked politicans for them to drink.
posted by 64.12.116...
Posts in this Thread:
- Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 02:54:45
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Ari, Tue, 14 Jul 2009 04:19:15
- Let's leave the politics aside ..., mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 21:41:35
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 13:48:16
- I have never used ethanol,, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 15:46:26
- Re: I have never used ethanol, mag , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 20:13:08
- Re: I have never used ethanol - me either, oldsaab, Mon, 13 Jul 2009 17:09:44
- Re: I have never used ethanol,, Justin VanAbrahams , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 16:35:33
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, tibbidoh , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 07:00:39
- Re: Do cooler operating temps reduce mechanical losses?, Landjet , Mon, 13 Jul 2009 05:18:29
Post a Followup
No Site Registration is Required to Post - Site Membership is optional (Member Features List), but helps to keep the site online
for all Saabers. If the site helps you, please consider helping the site by becoming a member.
This is a moderated bulletin board - Posting is a privilege, not a right.
Unsolicited commercial postings are not allowed (no spam). Please, no For Sale or Wanted postings, SERIOUSLY.
Classifieds are to be listed in The Saab Network Classifieds pages.
This is a problem solving forum for over 250,000 Saab owners, so expect to see
problems discussed here even though our cars are generally very reliable. This is not an anything goes
type of forum. Saabnet.com has been a moderated forum since 1988. For usage guidelines, see the
Saabnet.com Mission and Purpose Page. Please remember that you are
not anonymous. Site Contact | Site Donations | Other Sites by SP -
Your address is: 126.96.36.199 - Using CCBot/2.0 (https://commoncrawl.org/faq/) - Logged.
Site Members do not see red text instructions, bottom of the page anchor ads, or box ads.
Click here to see all
the Site Membership Benefits!